We understand the importance of dispositions to enhance investment performance and “lock in” realized gains. Farmland sales are triggered when the return from selling is significantly higher than the projected, risk-adjusted return from holding the property for crop production. The knowledge required for consistently sound decisions on when, where and how to sell is a core competency of AgVictus.
• Our disposition strategy is initially developed at the time a property is acquired and is continually modified as market conditions and client needs change.
• We acquire high-quality properties which provide additional liquidity with a broad universe of potential buyers.
• We are active participants in the agricultural commodity derivatives market which serves to hedge risks while maintaining the flexibility to convert to cash positions as necessary.
• When evaluating dispositions, we not only consider land productivity, but also water and mineral rights, conservation uses, entitlements and other land ownership rights.
• We employ experienced land sale professionals as well as maintain a substantial network of third-party real estate brokers.
• In addition to crop values, we strive to identify, create and extract value-added opportunities related to natural resources (oil and gas, minerals, mitigation banking, etc.), land entitlement and other compatible uses (telecommunications towers, wind farms, road and utility easements, etc.).
• AgVictus maintains a large network of consultants, engineers, and land planners that are used on an as-needed basis to assist with project development and implementation.