• Opportunistically focused on building customized portfolios with select operating partners.
• We take a hands-on approach to operations whereby the client is provided the opportunity to have more direct exposure to price and production variables.
• In addition to farmland, in many cases the client may own the operating equipment, packing facilities and related assets to extract additional value from each investment.
• Focus on crops and geographies with less labor risks and greater opportunities for mechanization.
• Seek opportunities with multiple water sources.
How We Create Value
• Strive to partner with the best asset operators.
• Retain optionality and management flexibility by continually reassessing decisions and adapting as market conditions change.
• Extract maximum value from each asset by having a thorough understanding of the biology and economics of producing agricultural products.
• Seek to capture maximum value from crop sales and strive to be a preferred supplier to our purchasing customers utilizing our knowledge of agricultural commodity markets and customer relationships.
• Control client expenses using our internal expertise, combined with an extensive network of asset operators.
Advanced Science and Technology
• Invest in research and development if the projected investment return exceeds the hurdle rate for such investments which compounds overall investment performance.
• Developed sophisticated, computer based underwriting models and decision support systems which are used to determine optimum management practices and compare alternative management regimes.
• Utilize genetically advanced seed and seedlings to maximize crop yields.