Our overall management objective is to maximize the value of each client portfolio through capital appreciation from optimized farm improvements and management, as well as cash yield from crop harvests and other sources. Our team of knowledgeable practitioners combine financial management skills with the latest science and technology to achieve this objective.
• Opportunistically focused on building customized portfolios with select operating partners.
• We take a hands-on approach to operations whereby the client is provided the opportunity to have more direct exposure to price and production variables.
• In addition to farmland, in many cases the client may own the operating equipment, packing facilities and related assets to extract additional value from each investment.
• Focus on crops and geographies with less labor risks and greater opportunities for mechanization.
• Seek opportunities with multiple water sources.
How We Create Value
• Strive to partner with the best asset operators.
• Retain optionality and management flexibility by continually reassessing decisions and adapting as market conditions change.
• Extract maximum value from each asset by having a thorough understanding of the biology and economics of producing agricultural products.
• Seek to capture maximum value from crop sales and strive to be a preferred supplier to our purchasing customers utilizing our knowledge of agricultural commodity markets and customer relationships.
• Control client expenses using our internal expertise, combined with an extensive network of asset operators.
Advanced Science and Technology
• Invest in research and development if the projected investment return exceeds the hurdle rate for such investments which compounds overall investment performance.
• Developed sophisticated, computer based underwriting models and decision support systems which are used to determine optimum management practices and compare alternative management regimes.
• Utilize genetically advanced seed and seedlings to maximize crop yields while practicing farm sustainability.