Our network of contacts, developed over many years of investing, enables us to review most significant farmland offerings, as well as many international opportunities. Acquiring multiple, distinct, high-quality farmland properties, including both permanent and field crops, is a core part of our investment strategy.
• Our investment process uses sound underwriting standards.
• Our valuation methods use both proprietary and third-party supply, demand and pricing inputs.
• We use conservative yield assumptions to model realistic outcomes.
• We strive to maintain strict discipline throughout the entire acquisitions process.
• Our goal in acquisitions is not to place capital, but rather to make sound investments for our clients.
• We complete a risk assessment and valuation variance analysis on every targeted acquisition.
• All projected investment returns are sensitivity-tested.
• We perform a thorough analysis of markets, infrastructure, water availability, soil quality, past management and environmental quality prior to any farmland acquisition.
• We implement different operating structures based on the clients’ risk tolerances.
• Diversification serves to minimize natural, economic and environmental risks.
• We strive to diversify client portfolios by including both permanent and field (row) crops, with multiple species within each category and in different geographies and markets.
• Diversification optimizes market opportunities while minimizing natural and environmental risks.